Our Commitment to Privacy
Your privacy is important to us. When you provide information to us via Sites and Platforms, Column protects it according to this policy.
Column operates in the business-to-business (B2B) industry. Unlike many companies and websites, Column does not focus on consumer users or the collection of consumer data. To the extent Column collects information online, our purpose is to better serve our business customers.
Column participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. Column is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries and Switzerland, respectively, in reliance on each Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List
Column is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under each Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Column complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, Column is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, Column may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
The Information Column Collects
Column may collect all of the following types of information when you browse our Sites and Platforms:
- Information you provide directly, such as your name, company name, phone number, email address or ordering information when you register or make an online order or e-mail messages you send us.
- Personal information you submit through the Platforms as part of the online job application process or in the process of registering for a Column sponsored training, event, user group, or conference, and when submitting support requests.
- The webpages your Internet browser visits when browsing Column Technologies’ websites.
- Click-through information related to Column marketing activities.
- Aggregate data, such as the number of hits per week or per webpage.
- We may also obtain information about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data such as information posted in your LinkedIn profile, and combine this data with information we already have about you. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you.
The Way Column Uses Information
Column does not rent or sell your information. Column uses information collected online in the following ways:
- For information you provide directly, such as support requests, ordering information or e-mail messages, Column uses the information to respond to your orders and requests.
- For information you provide online, including actions or clicks from hyperlinks and subscriptions, Column uses the information to customize future communications and webpages in accordance with communication preferences you have established with us.
- For some registrations, personal information you provide such as email addresses and use data may direct you to particular webpages, customize the webpages you see, or otherwise increase the relevance of the information you receive.
- For personal information submitted online for scheduling training or registering to attend a Column sponsored conference or event, we may use and disseminate this information internally and among our affiliates to communicate with You and to facilitate your registration and participation to the extent necessary to provide these services only.
- For information about webpages visited, page hits per week, and the like, Column uses this information internally to improve the design of our webpages.
Column may use third-party storage or service-provider companies to perform some functions including the processing of data. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us. Such companies are under a duty of confidentiality to Column Technologies.
The use of information collected through our service shall be limited to the purpose of providing the service for which the Client has engaged Column Technologies.
Information Related to Data Collected for our Clients
Occasionally Column collects information under the direction of companies that employ us to do so (“Clients”). Column has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes on behalf of its Clients. If you are a customer of one of our Clients and would no longer like to be contacted by the Client that uses our service, please contact the Client that you interact with directly. Column may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our Clients.
Access and Retention of Data Controlled by our Clients
Column acknowledges that you have the right to access your personal information. Column has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his query to the Column Technologies’ Client, who is the data controller. If requested to remove data Column will respond within 30 days. Column will retain personal data that we process on behalf of our Clients for as long as needed to provide services to our Clients. Column will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
When Column Shares Your Information
Column shares your information for business purposes only on a need-to-know basis and only with: (a) its own employees and affiliates; (b) the Client from which Column received the information; (c) Column subcontractors and consultants that have agreed to safeguard such information in a like manner to the way that Column safeguards such information and that have signed confidentiality agreements with us; and (d) other entities authorized to have access to such information under applicable law or regulation. Column does not share non-public individually identifiable information with third party marketers.
If Column is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via prominent notice on our Platforms of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
Column will not use or share your information in ways unrelated to those described above without first notifying you and offering you a choice as to whether or not Column may use your data in this different manner.
Our Commitment to Data Integrity and Security
Column processes your information only in ways compatible with the purpose for which it was collected. To the extent necessary for such purposes, Column take reasonable steps to make sure that your information is accurate, complete current and otherwise reliable with regard to its intended use. However, Column expects you will update your personal information with Column as necessary.
Column will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide the requested services. Column will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
such as: cookies, beacons, tags, scripts and other similar are used by Column and our partners, affiliates, or analytics or service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
Column uses both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. We use session cookies to remember a login instance. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. Persistent cookies help save user preferences. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” directory. If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but your ability to use some areas of our site, such as, logging in will be limited.
As is true of most websites, Column gathers certain information automatically and stores it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. Column uses this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the Platforms and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Column does not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
Behavioral Targeting / Re-Targeting
Links To 3rd Party Sites
Column offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog, please contact us. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Social Media Widgets
About Column Technologies (UK) Limited
Column Technologies (UK) Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales with a registered company number of 6316811 and a registered office of PKF (UK) LLP, East Coast House, Beacon Park Gorleston, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk NR31 7RU. VAT number: 926 8531 01
Revisions and Contact Information
Column Technologies, Inc.
10 E. 22nd Street
Lombard, IL 60148
Revised December 14, 2017